Our two key aims were to come back safe, and to complete first ascents – we achieved four first ascents and all returned home without any serious illness, injury, or mishap so just from this perspective the expedition was a success.
Summary of first ascent (FA) peaks climbed / attempted :
• Ak Chukur, 4958m, FA Monday 19th August, S Graham, A Stratford, S Hurworth, A Vine
• Pik a-Boo, 5077m, FA Friday 23rd August, S Graham, J Kitchen, E Thompson
• Broken Peak, 5122m, FA Sunday 25th August, S Hurworth, A Vine
• Ak Kalpak, 5112m, FA Tuesday 27th August, S Graham, J Kitchen
• Pk 5084m, retreated. Attempted on Tuesday 27th August, A Stratford, S Hurworth, A Vine.