Starting this April the Northumbrian Mountaineering Club will run a series of outdoor climbing meets called 'Get Outside with The NMC'. If you're an experienced indoor climber but rarely get out on real rock then this is for you!
The events are free and open to all with the basic skills and equipment required to climb outside. It will not be professional or accredited training, but club members can mentor and assist where required.
Bouldering and trad climbing will be available.
If the climber is under 18, it is recommended that they are accompanied by a parent.
Wednesday 2 April - Corbys Crag
Wednesday 7 May - Bowden Doors
Wednesday 4 June - Kylo Out
Wednesday 2 July - Simonside
What's the skill level?
The club asks that you can:
• Safely put on your own harness
• Safely tie in to the rope
• Safely belay a lead climber
You will be expected to be able to do these three things independently at meets.
What should I bring along?
On the day please bring:
• Your own harness
• Climbing shoes
• The club encourages the wearing of helmets, so bring one along with you if possible
• Any other climbing equipment you use (chalk bag, belay device, HMS karabiner, nut key, etc.)
• No harness? We will be bouldering at events too, so bring a mat and old rag if you have one!
Please fill out the ‘Mentoring Sessions Form’ and send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on attending.
Please take a copy of the mentoring sessions form along to the meet. Members of the public without a form will not be able to climb with club members.
This article has been read
Click on the tags to explore more