This year's Paraclimbing series starts on Sunday 23 February at Awesome Walls Sheffield.
The competitions will consist of two qualifying routes and the top climbers from each category will go through to a final route. For the final, competitors will remain in isolation, there will be a six minute observation period and the route will be climbed onsight.
For the series, all competitors will be climbing on a top rope.
Rules for the Paraclimbing series 2020 can be found here
All competitors must be members of the BMC, Mountaineering Scotland or Mountaineering Ireland in order to enter these competitions.
Categories will be the same as the International Federation paraclimbing classification system:
B1, B2, B3
AL1, AL2, AU1, AU2
RP1, RP2, RP3
For those competitors outside of these categories, there will be an open category.
Start List for Qualifier one can be found here
Start list for Qualifier two can be found here
10:45- climbing starts
If you cancel with less than five business days of the competition - you will not be entitled to a refund.
If you cancel with more than five business days of the competition - you will receive a 100% refund.
HOW TO APPLY
• Only online applications will be accepted
• All competitors must be a BMC, MS or MI member.
• Parental consent must be given for any competitor under 18 years on the day of the event
• All applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application. They will then receive a further email containing full event information two days before the event.
Please note that emails do not always reach their destination, it is therefore your responsibility to contact the BMC if email notification has not been received.
• Zoe Spriggins (BMC Competition Program Manager) tel: 0161 438 3313 / email: email@example.com
As the climbing walls, crags and mountains start to open, we wanted to say thanks to every BMC member who supported us through the Coronavirus crisis.
From weekly Facebook Lives and GB Climbing home training videos, to our access team working to re-open the crags and fight for your mountain access, we couldn’t have made it without you.
If you liked what we did, then tell your friends about us: www.thebmc.co.uk/join
This article has been read
Click on the tags to explore more