The eagerly awaited BMC definitive guide to climbing on Eastern Gritstone "Froggatt to Black Rocks" has arrived in all its shimmering glory.
The range of crags that stretches from the mighty Curbar and Froggatt in the north to the fantastic oddness of Black Rocks in the south, is arguably the finest and most varied collection of outcrops on gritstone.
The guide has definitive coverage of 2,200 routes and 1,100 boulder problems. Many routes have been recorded for the first time and many boulder problems discovered. It provides a much-needed replacement for the last guide produced back in 1991.
There's everything from big leads on mighty classics to tucked-away ticks (not the insects!) on quiet wooded buttresses. From top-level highballs to gentle bouldering circuits. First-time visitors can explore the classics and locals will find endless surprises.
- 2,200 routes from Moderate to E9
- 1,100 boulder problems from V0 to V12
- 130 full-colour action shots
- 6 Fontainbleau-style bouldering circuits
- Over 300 full-colour photo topos
- The definitive climbing history of the area
- Froggatt, Curbar, Baslow, Yarncliffe
- Gardom’s, Birchen, Chatsworth
- Cratcliffe, Robin Hood’s Stride, Rowtor, Stanton Moor
- Black Rocks, Whatstandwell, Shining Cliff, Amber Valley... and many more besides.
The guide has been edited by Steve Clark and Lynn Robinson along with series editor Niall Grimes. As with the other guides in the BMC series it has been compiled and researched by a hardworking team of guidebook volunteers.
Buy your copy now from the BMC online shop or call the Membership Services Team on 0161 445 6111.
BMC Member price - £20.00
Non-member price - £24.00
We'll be sending out copies to everyone who pre-ordered pronto.
To get a taste of the goodness you can download the Gardom's Chapter here.
This article has been read
Click on the tags to explore more