The BMC Welsh Lead Climbing Championships (Lead Cup Round 2) is being held at Rock UK Summit Centre, Merthyr Tydfil on Saturday 9 June.
This event is open to senior competitiors as well as the junior categories down to Youth E.
Note that this event will also be Round 2 of the BMC Lead Cup for all categories except Youth D & E.
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED
Date & venue
Saturday 9 June - Rock UK Summit Centre, Merthyr Tydfil.
Saturday 9 June: registration/warm up opens : 8:30am, closes: 9:30am. Climbing starts at 10am.
This is a lead climbing event for all categories except Youth D & E, who will be top-roping. There will be two qualifying rounds and a final.
Competitors will compete in the international competition climbing categories for 2018, according to the year in which they were born. These are as follows:
Seniors: those born in 1998 or earlier
Juniors: those born in 1999 & 2000
Youth A: those born in 2001 & 2002
Youth B: those born in 2003 & 2004
Youth C: those born in 2005 & 2006
Youth D: those born in 2007 & 2008 (Welsh Championship only)
Youth E: those born in 2009 & 2010 (Welsh Championship only)
Event vests will not be provided.
Cost of entry
Entry to the event costs £20 for BMC, MS or MI members, £25 for non-members.
The deadline for entries is 5pm Monday 4 June.
• Please complete and submit online entry form by the deadlines stated above.
• Only online applications will be accepted. No on the day entries will be accepted.
• Parental consent must be given for any competitor aged under 18 years on the day of the event.
• All applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application. They will then receive a further e-mail containing full event information after entries close on 4 June.
Please note that emails do not always reach their destination, it is therefore your responsibility to contact the BMC if email notification has not been received by Friday before each event.
• Zoe Spriggins, Competitions Programme Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
The GB Climbing Team is supported by the BMC, Mountaineering Scotland, Clif Bar, and Duco.
Get live updates about the GB Climbing Team from @BMC_Comps on Twitter
WATCH: Shauna Coxsey: This Girl Can Win on BMC TV
This article has been read
Click on the tags to explore more