The clean-up, planned for Saturday 1 September, has been postponed until later in the year.
Since Chudleigh is an SSSI due to rare lichens, there are a number of hoops through which we have had to jump in order to get the necessary permissions. Going ahead with the work without the appropriate bits of paper would cost us £20,000 and a whole lot of pain.
Because of summer holidays, the speed at which other organisations move, and our reliance upon professional, non-climbing individuals there is a high likelihood that we will not have all the necessary permissions in time for next week. Both Ben Hall and Mark Glaister have put in much effort over the last few weeks, but we are bound by the law and 'due process'.
The clean up at Chudleigh is postponed, until a little later in the year...but it will happen!
Please pass this info on to anyone you know who might have been thinking about coming along.
This article has been read
Click on the tags to explore more