The premier Lead and Speed climbing Competition in the UK is back!
Who will be crowned 2018 Champions?
Similar to last year the format this year in order to bring this event in line with international format competitions to give all the climbers a better competition experience, we will be running qualifiers for all categories on Saturday and finals for all categories on Sunday. The Junior category (born in 2000 or 1999) will also be amalgamated with the Senior category (born 1998 to 1974) into one category – Senior (born 2000-1974).
The BLCC's will be used as a selection event to the Senior GB Climbing Team.
ENTRIES NOW CLOSED
DATE & VENUE
Lead – Saturday 6 October (Qualifiers), Sunday 7 October (Finals).
Speed – Saturday 6 October- Practice and Qualification, Sunday 7 October Finals- Juniors & Senior after lead finals conclude.
LEAD CATEGORIES for 2018
Youth C – year of birth 2005 or 2006
Youth B – year of birth 2003 or 2004
Youth A – year of birth 2001 or 2002
Senior - year of birth 1974 to 2000 (inclusive)
Veterans - year of birth 1973 or earlier
The speed event will be run on a Junior (born 2001-2006) and Senior (born 2000 or earlier) set of categories, there will be no junior IFSC categories in this event or a vets category.
LEAD COMPETITION FORMAT
There are two qualification routes per category, there will be no isolation for these routes. The starting order for the first qualifying route is random. Then the starting order for the second qualifier is the same as the first but staggered halfway. E.G. If there are 20 competitors in the category, number 11 will climb first on the second qualifier.
The finals will take place on Sunday. All finalists will be held in an isolation zone. There will be a six minute observation of the final route, and then the finals are climbed on-sight.
For full BLCC rules and regulations please click here.
SPEED COMPETITION FORMAT
Speed competitions shall be carried out on two parallel routes of identical length, profile, design and difficulty (Records Format). There will be no isolation for these routes. All routes shall be climbed with the competitor secured by top-rope, belayed from below.
Each competitor will climb both routes in qualification and only one route in the final rounds. The fastest time from either of the two routes will count towards final qualification. Both routes are climbed simultaneously and the competitors shall always climb in pairs. When a competitor has finished his/her attempt on one route, he/she is added at the end of the starting list of the other route. The starting order for the first qualifying route is random.
The final round shall take place as a series of knock-out heats, decided by the climbing time on the route in qualification. The final round may thus consist of the following stages: an eighth final, a quarter final and always a semifinal and a final – the number of stages in the final is determined by the number of competitors qualifying.
For full BSCC rules and regulations please click here.
Official timetable to be confirmed.
LEAD COMPETITION TIMINGS
• 09:00 – Registration and warm up open
• 10:00 – Registration closes
• 10:30 – Climbing starts
• Climbers arriving late may NOT be able to climb.
LEAD EVENT ENTRY FEE
• Senior/veteran competitors: £25.00
• Junior competitors: £20.00
• Senior female & male: 1st = £500 / 2nd = £250 / 3rd = £125
• Youth C, B, A and Vets will receive trophies.
• Youth and Senior Speed Climbers will receive trophies.
HOW TO APPLY
• Please complete and submit this entry form by 5pm on Monday 1 October 2018. Entries after this date will not be accepted.
• Only online applications will be accepted
• All competitors must be a BMC, MS or MI member.
• Parental consent must be given for any competitor aged 12 to 17 years on the day of the event.
• All applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application. They will then receive a further e-mail containing full event information two days before the event.
Please note that emails do not always reach their destination, it is therefore your responsibility to contact the BMC if email notification has not been received by Friday 5 October.
• Zoe Spriggins (BMC Competition Program Manager) tel: 0161 438 3318 / email: email@example.com
WATCH: The British Lead and Speed Climbing Championships 2017 on BMC TV
GB Climbing is supported by the BMC, Mountaineering Scotland, Clif Bar, and Duco.
🐦SCROLL live GB Climbing Twitter updates with GB_Climbing
HIGHLIGHTS: 2019 La Sportiva British Bouldering Championships
This article has been read
Click on the tags to explore more